"Crossing the Rubicon is the sacred song of a broken heart." - J.T. Sines, MA transpersonal psychology
"When I heard you read, I couldn't stop the tears." - South Coast Writers Conference participant at the book's first reading on Valentine's Day, 2014
Those who have experienced the deep loss of a loved one will find their feelings expressed in this honest look at love, loss, and death and the inextricable link among them.
"Heidi interprests and communicates these complex insights, emotions, and conclusions with a simple, straightforward brilliance that few people have the ability to convey in writing. This book is 'perfection personified.'" - Greta Medlin, award-winning journalist
“When my dead husband woke me up from a deep sleep one night at 3 a.m. and said, ‘Get out your notebook and a pen and start writing,’ I had no choice but to listen. The result—a book of downloaded poetry and the knowledge that those who pass on are doing everything they can to communicate with those of us who have been ‘left behind’—is something I could never have foreseen. It is this staggering realization that has guided me along the path to healing in an infinitely less destructive and, in fact, brilliantly life-affirming way.”
The verses in Crossing the Rubicon represent the “new language” Randy Connolly promised to share with Heidi, and reach directly into the reader’s heart and soul. And yet it is Heidi Connolly’s starkly honest story of loss and renewal through her acquired ability to converse with Randy and others on the other side of the veil that makes this book so utterly spellbinding.
While Crossing the Rubicon addresses the deep grieving that comes from losing the love of one’s life, it also celebrates the profound joy of connectedness, truth, and the energetic frequency of love as expressed in verse. Anyone who has ever lost a loved one will find their own feelings articulated and experience the freedom of release that brings peace.
The verses take the form of an ongoing conversation between two lovers, one who has crossed over and one who has remained behind in human form, and the author’s story of how she came to understand her new “abilities” through the death of her husband adds a level of depth and power to the raw integrity of the poems themselves. Though this book may be viewed as a direct confrontation with death, it is surely one that holds within it the seeds of new life.
The idiom “crossing the Rubicon” means to pass a point of no return. It refers to the event in 49 BC when Julius Caesar led his army across the Rubicon River, even though he knew this act meant they might never be able to go home again. In this work, Heidi Connolly offers each of us a way to cross the threshold of our own personal to the shores of a new way of living.
Purchase Crossing the Rubicon: Love Poems Past the Point of No Return,
Purchase now through PayPal.
or purchase through Amazon
The 19th annual South Coast Writers Conference in Gold Beach, Oregon ( http://www.socc.edu/scwriters/) took place on Valentine's Day weekend. It was a huge success. The caliber of presenters was astonishing--all of them approachable, smart, brilliant writers, and great senses of humor to boot. Perhaps you'll be inspired to join us next year! Here are a couple of comments about my workshops:
"Your workshop changed my life."
"It doesn't matter what you're talking about, I come to all your workshops because
you're so great and I always learn so much."
"I've been looking for someone for years to help me with my book. You're the answer."
Please contact Heidi for details to purchase your copy of Crossing the Rubicon or for more information on her services and workshops.
Registration is still open for my one-day workshop Writing and Editing with Conscious Intent
This workshop goes to the meat of creativity, looking at our propensity to suffer—and judge—blockages, our tendency to focus on the outcome at the expense of the process, ways to maintain the spark of energy necessary to write, rewrite, and edit, and, most importantly, how to trust ourselves on the journey through the use of amazing new techniques that help you tap into your higher creative self. To register, click here to be taken to my Harvard Girl site.
The best reference guide ever written on the subject of
POISON IVY, POISON OAK AND POISON SUMAC--and the only one in the world!
Complete with color photos of stinging insects such as bees, wasps, hornets and even fire ants...
- how to recognize the trio of poisonous plants, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- how to tell if you or someone you care about has been infected after contact with urushiol oil, the invisible oil that sticks to EVERYTHING and causes red, itchy, painful rashes and blistering.
- how to treat poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac reactions with multiple homeopathic as well as conventional treatments
- best-tested techniques for eradicating poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac with both conventional, chemical and natural methods
- stories by the authors about their own personal near-death experiences dealing with poison ivy on the East Coast of the United States, and how they got surprising help from Chief Wise Owl of the Nipmuk Indians
- and much, much more, all in one little book you can take everywhere!
"I call it my 'poison ivy bible'," says Jim Zoppo of WRKO, Talk Radio, Boston.
"When I had my own up-close and personal encounter with poison ivy a few years ago, I wish I'd had a copy of this book handy. Everything you need--it's all in this valuable, breezy book!" - Mike Nowak, WGN, Chicago
Another best reference guide on BEES AND OTHER STINGING INSECTS,
the perfect companion to our Poison Ivy book,
and the only one like it in the world.
Complete with color photos of stinging insects such as bees, wasps, hornets and even fire ants...PLUS:
- Did you know a wet tea bag will take the "sting" out of being stung? Learn how to treat stings from bees, wasps, hornets and other stinging insects with conventional and homeopathic methods
- Did you know that there are over 300,000 types of stinging insects? Learn to recognize the most common ones where you live--and where THEY live.
- Did you know that bees are used in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis? It's true. Find out all about the medicinal properties of these amazing creatures.
- Do you know the best way to eradicate a bee hive or hornets' nest without hurting the insects themselves? Find out!
- Did you know that wasps put out pheromones to let other wasps come join them in attacking humans and animals? Learn how NOT to antagonize stinging insects!
- Learn what you might be doing to attract the very insects you're trying to avoid!
- Did you know that bees fly in straight lines? Learn why and how to avoid them when necessary.
- and much, much more, all in one little book you can take everywhere!
Complete with color photos of wasps, bees and other stinging insects, homeopathic and conventional treatment suggestions, best tested techniques for pest elimination, location information, bees and honey product news, and much much more.
"I use Heidi and Randy's books all the time now. They're full of great information and I literally take them with me everywhere I go!" - Mallory Gwynn, host of "Simply Gardening", Portland, OR
THIS BOOK IS LOVED AND SHARED BY EVERYONE WHO READS IT. IT TACKLES THE REAL ISSUES KEEPING YOU FROM THE PERSON YOU WANT IN YOUR LIFE.
If loneliness has become your status quo; if meeting the mate of your dreams seems more like the impossible dream; if the idea of finding your "right" mate seems laughable even in the best of times...
THEN THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU.
"Bravo! This book will challenge and invite you to stay true to the purest desire of your heart, to not disocunt the part of you that knows what it can have, and to recognize just how much you can create and dance in life!"
- Tama Kieves, best-selling author of This Time I Dance!
Fairchild, Owner of Fairchild Gallery,
This could be another Shakti Gawain kind of jewel...It's the BEST 'no negativity' tool around.”
"This book came at the perfect time in my life...it was everything I needed to hear to start believing again. Thank you, Heidi and Randy, for all your help. I'm sharing this wonderful book with all my single friends."
J.A., Taos, New Mexico, 2008
Wish you could talk to someone personally to ask your important questions? Well, now you can!
Consult with one of the authors personally over the phone today. Ask your questions relative to any one of our books, and get the answers you need when you need them without waiting for the book to get to your door. 15-minute consult for only $15.